Monday, September 6, 2010

Need a Light?


     Yes, this is me. I'm fire spinning with a 4 foot staff. If you look very close you can see that my face is extremely intense due to my acute concentration. I had never done fire spinning before, but I was very excited because it's something I've always wanted to do. Unfortunately, I paled in comparison to the owner of this staff.
     Sean, the owner, has been teaching me how to spin a staff for a couple days now. He did it for quite a while in a drumline for a marching band and is therefore very skilled at it. He was the one in his band that taught all the newcomers how to spin, so he is obviously a really good teacher and I'm learning pretty fast. He'd never actually done fire spinning either though. He got the idea for a photography project so that he could create some mind-blowing fire pictures and boy did he. The one you see above is one that he took, but there are much better ones which show him spinning.
     It's amazing the people you meet and the things you get to do when you travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts...