Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Paradise...







     These are just a few of the amazing sights that I saw on Magnetic Island this past weekend. It was paradise. The weather was beautiful and the sand was the softest I've ever felt. The sand reminded me of petting a chinchilla and they are REALLY soft (if you haven't ever pet one, look into it, it's incredible).

     The first three pictures that you see were taken from up on the top of an extremely tall mountain that I had decided I had to climb. The height provided a breathtaking view of pretty much the entire island. The arduous journey up the rocky slope gave me quite a few cuts and bruises, but it was well worth it. From the top I could see what all the hype was about. The untouched wilderness was stunning.

     I must go back. Firstly because I need to experience this blissful heaven once again. More importantly though, I did not get a chance to see all of the wild koalas that live on this island! There is actually a koala sanctuary on the island where you can go and hold them. I have been told that they can be rather mean, but I don't care. They're way too cute! I will have pictures of them up as soon as I return to "Maggie" Island Paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts...