Thursday, July 29, 2010

SNAKE !


     This is a Carpet Python, says the sign. I saw the sign above posted near a small patch of open forest on my way to class today. Yup, there is a python on my campus. Personally I think it's awesome and I wish I had found it myself. It's not just me either. There were bunches of people gathering to get a glimpse of this beautifully large snake. Click on the photo of the sign to get a bigger view for reading.


     The reason that the python is simply lying still in the middle of our campus is because it has just eaten. Speculations based on the huge size of the lump in the snake are that it ate something such as a scrub turkey or possum. Right now its oversized stomach is debilitating its movement. It will have to stay where it is and finish digesting before it can go on anywhere else. This could take a couple of days because the meal is so large.

     Look at the change in size of the body as you follow along the snake to the left. This guy really got a mouthful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts...